Award-winning research at UQ Business School

23 Dec 2010
UQ Business School researchers

Two UQ Business School students and their supervisors were selected for awards at the recent Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management conference in Adelaide.

PhD student Jane O’Leary and her supervisor Jorgen Sandberg won the Gender & Diversity in Organisations award.

Honours graduate Jeremy Chen was selected, along with his supervisor Remi Ayoko, for the Organisational Behaviour Award.

Jeremy Chen has secured a coveted position with international financial services leader Barclays Capital. Initially based with Barclays Capital in Singapore, Jeremy recently completed a five and half week industry specific training program in London before relocating to Hong Kong.

“Without a doubt my studies at UQ Business School equipped me with both the knowledge and skills industry was looking for,” he said.

“My Honours year was unforgettable and I had an exciting research project that allowed me to make a significant contribution to the management field.”

UQ Business School’s MBA was recently ranked by The Economist as being in the top 1% of business schools globally.

ANZAM is the primary professional body for management educators, researchers and practitioners in Australia and New Zealand, with about 750 individual members and 50 institutional members (representing most Australian and New Zealand universities) as well as members from other countries.